Te Puru School Holiday Programme DECEMBER 2016 / JANUARY 2017
Click to download the "Whats On Sheet for December 16 / January 17 Holiday Programme
We have been busy here at Te Puru updating our enrolment system so for the first programme ever ALL enrolment forms will need to be completed ONLINE!!!.
Please bear with us over this time as it is all new to us as well so this programme will act as a bit of a trial for us to learn what works best and what doesn’t and continue to improve it for future programmes to make the enrolment process as simple as possible. Please keep reading to see how it will work.
The Te Puru December 16 / January 17 Programme will run Monday 19th December – Friday 23rd December till 5.30pm. Te Puru will then close over the Christmas and New Year break and re open on Monday 9th January at 7.30am - Friday 27th January.
Please be aware NO registrations will be able to be taken over the close down period 24th December – 8th January due to no staff on site to monitor the bookings. So please organise all your care for the week of Monday 9th January – Friday 13th January before we shut down.
Registrations are open from Monday 5th December September 2016 at 9.00am, no registrations will be taken before this time. Spaces are limited so get in fast to avoid disappointment. The enrolment form will go LIVE on the Te Puru Community Centres website in the School Holiday Programme tab as a drop down box “Register Online” on Monday morning at 9.00am the link is http://www.tepuru.co.nz/school-holiday-programme
Key Points to know:
· Please note the completion of the form does not automatically secure your child/ren booking. You will receive an email from a Te Puru staff member as soon as possible after submitting the form confirming the availability of the days you wish to book and the total amount to be paid with banking details. We appreciate your patience over this time as it is our busiest time of year so some delays may be present.
· Please do not make any payments of what you think the booking costs before confirmation of availability and cost, as a trust it is difficult to arrange refunds quickly.
· If you wish to make payments via Credit Card at this stage you will need to come in to the Te Puru office to do so. We are working on being able to process manual entered payments on our machine at reception but it is not currently up yet due to hold up with our merchant suppliers.
· We will only make contact if we have NOT received your payment within a few days after our email releasing the confirmation email and bank details due to high volume of enrolments it becomes too difficult to reply to each individual.
· Please remember your booking is also not confirmed until full payment is received or arrangements of payments have been discussed.
Term 4 2016 Timetable
Click the link below to download the latest Timetable of Programmes at Te Puru.
Yoga Classes re commence weekly at Te Puru starting Tuesday 8th November.
We welcome our new instructors Agata and Prem to Te Puru.
Tuesdays -- 6.30pm - 7.30pm -- With Agata.
Thursdays -- 6.30pm - 7.30pm -- With Prem.
Classes are $16 Casual and $13 on concession cards.
Te Puru fields OPEN
Communication message from Auckland Council regarding the Te Puru gate closure to the access way in front of the building:
Access to Te Puru Park is via a service road – this is an important distinction to make as it is not a user car access road. There is a designated car parking area for all users of the park before the service road.
Auckland Council is responsible for gated access at the service road to Te Puru Park, and as part of this we are responsible for the effective management of any health and safety risks associated with the service road.
We are aware of one recent incident and another in 2012 at the service road site, where a small child was hit by a car. There have also been several near-misses at this site. This is exacerbated by cars parking on the service lane, which pose a significant danger to children and their parents/caregivers. In a real emergency, user groups such as emergency services have keys to the gate, and a key is always kept on-site at the sports centre.
For the safety of all users of the service road, the decision has now been made to lock the gate 24/7. At this time, access is still available to user groups, to allow for such activities as deliveries, as the council is now providing keys to them.
As a service lane, the road is not meant to take large volumes of traffic. In the last two years, the council has spent approximately $10,000 maintaining this road, which has included repairing pot-holes and re-grading. Following investigation by the council, we do not believe there are any further mitigation measures we can take to reduce speed-related incidents. We have serious concerns for pedestrians and would be failing to provide a duty of care if we did not take the action we have taken.
We have now met with The Trust and User groups with regard to the closure decision.
The Franklin Local Board will now engage with the Trust to discuss their plans following the publication of their feasibility study to look at possibilities for the development of car parking and access to the site.
Its Touch Rugby Season at Te Puru! The clubrooms will be open from 6:30pm every wednesday so come and have a drink and something to eat while you watch the games.
Athletics has been cancelled for this evening 29/02/2016 Due to weather.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
The Trustees have now received the feasibility report completed by SGL, and will be meeting to consider it on 21 January 2016. Copies of the SGL report are available on application to the centre, and if users or community members would like the trustees to consider any additional submission, please forward that to Te Puru by 18 January 2016.
Page 1 of 2